We had a lovely awards ceremony here at the end of the year, and a good time was had by all.
At that time, I skipped answering the questions for the awards and
threatened promised to answer them in a later post. That later post is today.
I’ll start with the standard “seven things” about me, but I’ll share seven things I’ve never done before:
1. I’ve never broken a bone.
2. I’ve never snow skied.
3. I’ve never traveled overseas.
4. I’ve never bungee jumped.
5. I’ve never acted in a play.
6. I’ve never eaten sushi.
7. I’ve never used power tools.
Here are seven more to go with the other awards. There are life lessons included:
1) I met my husband on a blind date. At the end of the evening, I told him I didn’t want to see him again. The next day, he told his friends at work that he had met his future wife the night before. Don’t automatically count out the blinding white, cute, blonde guy because he wore white shoes and a white tie.
2) With influentially bad friends, I sneaked into Everglades National Park at midnight, walked out onto a boardwalk, and threw pennies at the alligators. I found out later we were lucky we weren’t eaten by them. Don’t let your friends try to lead you to your death.
3) I lost control of a car on an icy bridge once. Thankfully, I was in the third lane and the car went left onto the berm instead of right and under the semi next to me. Don’t brake on an icy bridge – even if you don’t know it’s icy.
4) I currently drive a navy blue Ford F150 truck. I never thought I would enjoy driving a truck so much. Don’t tell your husband “no” when he wants you to drive a truck.
5) I locked myself out of my truck once with only a t-shirt and thin jacket on (and pants for all you wisenheimers). It was during a brutal winter storm, and I had to wait an hour for the tow truck. Don’t wear lightweight clothing in winter, even if you think you are going to be warm in your vehicle.
6) I once lost control of my car (yes, I know!) and ended up in a snow bank very late at night. I walked two miles home in the snow. My neighbor was a State Highway Patrolman, and I knocked at his door for help. He had the car towed home for me. My brothers saw my tracks in the snow the next day and laughed their butts off. They refused to believe it was me and not some drunk. Don’t drive in bad snow conditions late at night when you’re tired.
7) I once made a grand entrance into a company Christmas party. I was the last person to arrive, and I had to walk down a long staircase into the room. I used my best staircase walk to try to be elegant as I made my way down. My heel caught in the back of my dress and I pitched down several steps on my knees before I could catch myself. When you fall down in front of 300 people, just remember, they can’t help it that they laugh; it’s instinctive.
Moving on to the Super Sweet Blog Award, here are my answers. (I was awarded this again last week by Card Castles in the Sky; thank you so much!)
Cookies or Cake? Cake
Chocolate or Vanilla? What is this thing you call vanilla?
What is your favorite sweet treat? Chocolate brownies – hold the nuts.
When do you crave sweet things the most? Evenings
If you had a sweet nickname what would it be? Sweetie Pie
The Liebster Award was recently awarded to me by Card Castles in the Sky; thank you again! I have questions to answer from Malinka of Malinka’s Studio, and also from Jackie at Change Is Good…..Right??? This would be a lot of questions, so I’ve narrowed it down to several from each list:
What is the exact time and date that you were born? I was born at 8:00 p.m. on April 20.
What do you believe in? I believe in miracles and clean underwear.
If someone would write a book upon your life, it would be named? Sunshine Hunter
What is your favorite ice cream flavor? Starbuck’s Java Chip
If you could meet anyone in the whole of time and space, who would it be? I know most people would be philosophical here, but I want to meet Frank Sinatra. I’d tell Frank that I think we would have had a good time cruising around Las Vegas together, and please sing “I’ve Got You Under My Skin” to me.
Why did chicken cross the street? Because Susan Hunter was over there with chicken feed. 🙂
What got you into blogging? I wanted to chronicle the writing of my books.
What’s your greatest vice? Playing the lottery.
What was your favorite moment of 2012? Seeing my first book published on Amazon.
Your next dream travel destination? The grocery store. Our refrigerator is empty.
A few simple things you love in life? Listening to sappy, romantic music. Standing outside late at night and listening to the quiet.
What musical instrument have you tried to learn to play? I tried to teach myself to play piano. My left hand refused to cooperate.
Do you like shopping? I like grocery shopping. I hate shopping for clothes. I really, really, hate having to slog through a Gander Mountain or some other manly store.
A wish for this year? To win the blasted lottery! (and world peace)
Phew! But you probably already knew all of these things.
To tie up some loose ends, I want to thank Pam Tanzey for giving me my sixth Blog of the Year 2012 star to fill my card. Thank you, Pam! I also received a bonus star this week from Jae at Scatterbrain. Thank you, Jae!
I also want to acknowledge Piper George at Talk About Cheesecake and Chelsea Brown at The Jenny Mac Book Blog for recent nominations for The Versatile Blogger Award. I nominate these versatile folks for this award:
Passing on the Super Sweet Blog Award, I choose these super sweet people:
For The Liebster Award, I choose these dear people:
I hope you will check out some of the people who are linked. As I add and subtract people from my follow list, these fine folks are here to stay.