I was inspired to have an awards ceremony. Some very special bloggers have been kind enough to nominate me for awards. I’ve always been a little shy about this award thing, as I don’t feel I’ve done anything here to warrant any type of award, but I realize we nominate the bloggers we enjoy, and we help bring attention to other blogs as well. I’ve found some wonderful people by following the recommendations of those who have nominated others. So without further ado, let me catch up with awards today.
On June 18, Lightningpen nominated me for the Beautiful Blogger Award.
July 31 brought a Very Inspiring Blogger Award from The Living Notebook.
On August 3, T.W. Dittmer grouped his nominees together for the Very Inspiring Award and the One Lovely Blog Award. My name was on his list.
On August 7, Zen Scribbles nominated me for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award.
August 12, I was nominated for the Family of Bloggers Award by Paula Acton.
August 18 brought One Lovely Blog Award from The Cheeky Diva.
A great big “thank you” to all of you who nominated me. If you aren’t presently following any of the above people, please check them out. You won’t be disappointed.
Most of these awards require you to tell seven things about yourself and then nominate other bloggers for the same award. There is no way you want to hear that many things about me, so I’ll just do one set of seven for the lot:
1. My highest bowling score was 245. I was chatting with a girlfriend about her wedding, and having to get up to bowl was a distraction. When someone pointed out to me that I had rolled seven strikes in a row, the spell was broken.
2. The movie Camelot reduces me to a crying, blubbering mess – every time.
2. I love playing Scrabble.
4. My first car was a used, orange Ford Maverick with a black stripe from front to back over the hood and top. My first new car was a GREMLIN! I “designed” it myself with chocolate brown paint, white stripes down both sides, slightly wider wheels with awesome hubcabs, and an automatic on the floor. It was a fantastic car, it never embarrassed me, and I had it for over ten years.
5. I was Track Queen in high school. Not Prom Queen or Homecoming Queen – track queen.
6. The first year I played racquetball, I won our state’s tournament as a novice.
7. When going out to eat, the first thing I look for on the menu is a Reuben sandwich.
For the Family of Bloggers Award, you tell what attributes you bring to the family, using an anagram of the word FAMILY:
F – flexible (in my reactions to people and situations)
M – merciful
I – imaginative
L – loyal
Y – youthful (in spirit)
On to the Nominations!!
Very Inspiring Blogger Award -Inspiration comes in many forms. I nominate this fine mix of blogs for this award:
Human Nature and Superpowers
The Word by Mike Ballenger
Gas Station Gastronomy
One Lovely Blog – There are lovely people, things, and sentiments at all of these blogs:
In a Grand Fashion
The Bookstore Lady
Sumthissumthat (especially his wife’s artwork)
Phew! Thank you all so much!